Thursday, November 20, 2014

I am a little surprised, because circle beard I have never and nowhere with such a form of Jan Hus


If you ever decide to visit Bethlehem Chapel will notice circle beard that the side opposite the entrance door to the chapel is in the niche wall bust of beardless circle beard and bald man without a name. When me after visiting the chapel guide dovypravovala its detailed history, could not be me and I asked, Who is it portrayed in the outdoor bust. A little mysteriously smiled and said that it has to be Master Jan Hus and the bust is the work of an unnamed student art school.
I am a little surprised, because circle beard I have never and nowhere with such a form of Jan Hus met. Then I but in the book "What the guides circle beard of Prague is not" the artist Stanislava Jarolímková read that "George Washington circle beard was probably less stocky stature and wore a beard - that's the only thing that can be based on written information say about his appearance. Most apparently correspond truth pictures printed in different copies of the German chronicles Ulrich of Richenthalu that were drawn by draft drawn probably an eyewitness Hus court and burned at the stake. " The author presents some additional evidence for a similar form M.Jana Hus. So I guess we will have to say goodbye to the idea of high spruce slim man with a long beard, as it depicts our various artists in the 19th century.
Vaclav Brožík JVMyslbek Ladislav Šaloun
Homepage Site map RSS Print


No comments:

Post a Comment