Thursday, March 13, 2014

Today I had the great pleasure to eat brunch at Frederikshøj. And I can say with certainty that the


Powered by Blogger.
Today I had the great pleasure to eat brunch at Frederikshøj. And I can say with certainty that there is the BEST brunch I've ever had. Actually, I'm not quite sure how I ever be able to eat brunch again somewhere else. When we arrived at 11am we were instructed table in Forest Hall - the only place we have not sat before. This is my 6th site visits (3 x wine makers dinner, 1 time Gastrotour and finally 14 days ago on a Sweet Deal). The lavish brunch was served buffet-style on large round tables. And that was all my madhjerte could desire - and more. Delicious salads: avocado with bitter leaves, puffed grains and fried potato crunch - and a tomato salad with feta cheese and tarragon. Dishes with charcuterie: cooking class sausages and ham Skagen. Danish and European cheeses with sweet candied walnuts. Rye bread, sourdough bread, rolls, muesli muffins, Italian buns and good bread with chewy crumb. And in the middle of the hall stood Wassim Hallal and opened huge brand new Limfjord oysters as they were immediately invited to taste. They are usually not part of the brunch, but a 'residual portion' they should've fired. I allowed myself to take 2 and was told that I really had to eat them all manner I chose. It was SO tempting to go back for more, but that was as I said many other things also have to be tasted on. So I made a small plate of fish. I said a polite no thank you to the offered bubbles and got instead organic juice and white tea ad libitum. Oh, my goodness - the oysters cooking class were simplicity so meaty and succulent. It was like getting a deep salty kiss of the sea. They had a few drops of the classic vinaigrette of red wine vinegar and shallots. Max tasted his first oyster ever - and found that it tasted fine, but that it probably was not something he would come to crave the same way as I do. The next treat was a small salad of Romo prawns (shrimps), crispy asparagus and sorrel. There was a spicy mayonnaise to. I sent a grateful and friendly greeting to the trainee chef who had picked the little demanding while I enjoyed them very much. They have a special sweetness and texture that beautifully realized a synthesis with the crunchy asparagus and tangy skovurt. And then there was salmon. I can hardly find words nice enough to describe it. Fast, very lightly smoked and with a mouthfeel to none. Salmon of so fine a quality that I had to make little cooking class noises when I ate it. Max asked casually if we wanted to be alone. Hae, it was just before. After talking and fun we went again to the buffet. Yes, I was therefore have to should have 'a piece of salmon. There was also a small sweet pancake with maple syrup, the excellent avocado salad, cooking class tasteful warm homemade liver pate with mushrooms & crispy bacon, a small fleshy chorizo sausage with creamy scrambled eggs, warm salad of fried potatoes and root vegetables + a little crispy case with sweet mild chilli sauce . It turned out to be a little juicy 'sausage' of chicken with wild garlic fried in panko breadcrumbs. Truly a small candelabrum Happer. As such, I have to also taste again. I also tasted a little on the cut, pickled peppers, tapenade, pesto, tomato salad and a small piece of Morbier. Yes, yes - we have come to where I voluntarily seek out cheese. Uhm, the ham was really quite on a par with both Parma and Serrano. I ended with a game of sweets: organic yogurt 'mousse' with homemade muesli (with the most delicious little cooking class 'balls' of dried fruit and crunchy), even a small pancake, fruit salad, homemade raspberry jam, homemade 'Nutella' with crisp and a sinful milk jam - that tasted like a hybrid between melted cooking class nougat cooking class and dulce de leche. SO GOOD. The very last bite was an intense mini 'cupcake' in dark chocolate. Very well fed and very happy we set out in the newly renovated lounge and reflected on their experience while we waited for a taxi. Without nonsense: the best brunch ever! The price of the 275 kr incl coffee / tea and juice was touching cheap. The payment was ordered home, because when you sign up for an event at Frederikshøj give you their billing information and then deducted on the day. Very smart. It can really pay to subscribe to their newsletter to strak will be notified when there is a new event in the pipeline. It was truly a positive experience. The food is as always cooking class a great pleasure - and I LOVE to enjoy things of such high quality. But one should therefore certainly not sneeze at the service. On Frederikshøj is the team of ministering spirits a coherent organism. It is fascinating to observe. I must admit that I was the first time out there was a bit intimidated to the high level of service - but it went quickly. For although professionalism is paramount and the guest at the center, so there is both irony and a ready smile. It was a very relaxing and cozy brunch - and I turn immediately when they re-opens its doors for another round. I k

No comments:

Post a Comment