Sunday, February 22, 2015

Therefore went Abdul and I together loose on what must be called cesyt a gastronomic educational jo


My previous chef disappeared one day before Christmas. I'm a little unsure why, but it's possible he was tired of all the requirements to create new ones, and in his eyes, difficult dishes. After three weeks he called from neighboring Tajikistan and said that he had married a Tajik woman and that he planned to come back. However, it was too late - I had already hired Abdul as new chef, and this blog is all about him.
Good food and wine is in my opinion an important part of life. The wine should I good reasons to leave out this blog from a Muslim country. As ambassador, I have often representation and therefore also the privilege of having a chef in the embassy residence. Since I am fond of good food, chef one of those people that I have much to do. Every morning we discuss cesyt current menu for lunch and dinner, whether it is with or without guests.
If I do not get good food, I lose weight. I eat simply too small. During a previous stationing I lost five kilograms in three months because the chef did not make good food. My wife had to intervene and give the chef a strict training plan.
Abdul is 27 years old, married and has two young children. Abdul is Ismaili - A Shiite cesyt Muslim sect that exists in parts of Afghanistan, particularly in the province of Badakshan north-east of Afghanistan. Ismail accept that the Koran must be interpreted in the time we live. Most Ismail in Afghanistan acknowledge His Majesty Aga Khan as their spiritual leader. Aga Kahn is these days visiting Norway. Norway channel part of its assistance to the Aga Khan Foundation, which is one of Afghanistan's best and most effective aid organizations.
Under Abdul probation I noticed that there was no shortage part of his skills and menu width. But his enthusiasm cesyt and willingness to learn convinced me that he was right man in the kitchen. cesyt Abdul is conscientious and reliable and he is rarely knowledge greatest. Between meals he reads books, cesyt surfing the internet and save new recipes.
I've always wondered about that people's assessment of what is good food is quite similar, while the ability and willingness to make good food varies widely. I eventually concluded that bad food is largely cesyt a matter of laziness and lack of imagination. It is not so much in the lack of taste in missing efforts. A simple cesyt advice for making good food is to buy good cookbooks and then follow recipes to the letter. Worse, it is not.
Therefore went Abdul and I together loose on what must be called cesyt a gastronomic educational journey, ie to follow recipes slavishly. I am a Francophile eater so we started with classic and flavourful dishes that provides an introduction to the basics of French cuisine. As Abdul restrained one classic after the other, increased his enthusiasm.
Recently I asked Abdul create Coq au Vin. Abdul bought ingredients, cesyt and in capacity cesyt building the spirit cesyt we started. Abdul took care of flesh and power, and I took responsibility for the vegetables. We thrive both well when we cook together. There reigns a mood of mutual respect and camaraderie in the kitchen.
Abdul does not quite understand why I am so concerned that he regards as a crafts. I tell him that to cook the perfect meditation. Cooking forcing me to do something concrete. I say that man is not created just to think, speak and write. The kind of life violates human nature in a fundamental way. I say it to cook for others in many ways, the humanism in practice and that being the chef is one of the most worthy occupations cesyt one can have. Abdul is not entirely convinced, cesyt but seem to appreciate what I am saying.
We are approaching the end of the work on the court. I pray Abdul taste, but he says it is not quite possible for him as a Muslim since there is wine in the food. I flavors yourself and realize that this is a great moment. He has made a perfect Coq au Vin. I tell him that he has passed the journeyman's examination and that the court could be served on the best French restaurants and that he would received ovations. I am glad that my previous chef fled to Tajikistan.
A thank you to former cesyt Minister and Chairman of Care Norway, Torild Skogsholm, who was a guest during this evening's dinner and who encouraged me to write a blog about the chef Abdul and his path to the perfect Coq au Vin.
This is perhaps a bit distasteful? Yes, it is. This is what you choose to showcase of everything that happens in Afghanistan? That you have a private cesyt chef as you learn up your savvy cooking skills? Talk about goody Eurocentrism!
Normally, I'm a arg opponent of everything called jantelov cesyt and treating all the success they have achieved, but I must admit that I think this was on the edge. Hope UD sees this and calls for the post removed. cesyt It is an insult to the people who are starving in a war-torn country to say that you lose weight if the food is not of the highest class.
ehmmm, Tore, what more are you really doing there? When I saw Armadillo, was a

No comments:

Post a Comment